I needed to setup a VPN between an on-prem SonicWall and Azure, but found the documentation on Sonicwall.com here a bit dated.
Here’s some updated documentation for how to configure the tunnel to supplement the link above.
Let’s setup the Azure side first:
- Setup a Virtual Network. If you don’t already have a virtual network setup, you’ll need to start there. I recommend setting up at least a /16 for the virtual network, then setup /24 subnets within the virtual network as needed.
- Setup a Virtual Network Gateway. Next, we’ll setup a virtual network gateway attached to the Virtual Network created in Step 1. This step will also require the creation of a Virtual Network Gateway IP.
- Create a Local Network Gateway. This step defines the public IP address of your SonicWall and corresponding LAN subnet(s).
- Within the Local Network Gateway, create a Connection.
Now to the on the on-prem side:
- Create a tunnel IPSec VPN
- You’ll need to create an Address Object, @AzureNetwork, Zone=VPN, Type=Network. Use the network and subnet of your private IP scheme in Azure. (not pictured).
- Create a route
- At this point, your VPN should be up!