A very simple process…
- Logon to the server currently running DHCP. It’s ok to leave DHCP running during this process.
- In Powershell, running as administrator: Export-DhcpServer -File C:\DHCPdata.xml -Leases -Force -ComputerName old.network.local –Verbose
- On the server to be running DHCP, make sure the role is installed and the service is started
- Import-DhcpServer -File C:\DHCPdata.xml -BackupPath C:\DHCP\ -Leases -ScopeOverwrite -Force -ComputerName new.network.local –Verbose
- Restart the DHCP service. At this point, everything should be transferred over.
- Deauthorize the old DHCP server and stop the DHCP service on the old server.